🏴 St Davids or St David's (Welsh: Tyddewi) is a city and a community with a cathedral in Pembrokeshire, Wales, lying on the River Alun. It is the resting place of Saint David, Wales's patron saint, and named after him. St Davids is the United Kingdom's smallest city in population. St Davids was given city status in the 12th century. This does not derive automatically from criteria, but in England and Wales it was traditionally given to cathedral towns under practices laid down in the early 1540s, when Henry VIII founded dioceses. City status was withdrawn in 1886, but restored in 1994 at the request of Queen Elizabeth II. St Davids is also known archaically by the name Meneva or Menevia (Welsh: Mynyw).
St David's has a population of over 1,600 people. St David's also forms part of the wider Pembrokeshire county which has a population of over 122,439 people. St David's is situated west of Haverfordwest.