Lincoln Park, Michigan, United States

🇺🇸 Lincoln Park is a city in Wayne County in the U.S. state of Michigan. Lincoln Park is the second most-densely populated municipality in the state after Hamtramck.

Lincoln Park contains Council Point Park, which dates back to 1763 when Chief Pontiac met with other tribal leaders along the banks of the Ecorse River to plot a rebellion against increasing European settlers, specifically those in nearby Fort Detroit. The Potawatomi eventually ceded the land to the French in 1776.

Lincoln Park is considered part of the Downriver collection of communities within Metro Detroit. The city borders Detroit to the north and also shares borders with Allen Park to the west, Ecorse to the east, Melvindale to the north, and Southgate and Wyandotte to the south. It developed as a bedroom community, providing homes to workers in the nearby steel mills and automobile plants of the Detroit area, while having no industries of its own. Lincoln Park was originally part of the now-defunct Ecorse Township, incorporating as a village in 1921 and again as a city in 1925.

Lincoln Park, Michigan, United States 

Lincoln Park has a population of over 40,245 people. Lincoln Park also forms part of the wider Detroit-Ann Arbor-Flint metropolitan area which has a population of over 4,248,699 people.

Text Atribution: Wikipedia Text under CC-BY-SA license