🇺🇸 Heath Township is a civil township of Allegan County in the U.S. state of Michigan.
Dunningville is a historic locale in the southern part of the township. Andrew Whistler built a sawmill here in 1855 that was operated by persons named Dunning and Hopkins. A station on the Chicago and West Michigan Railroad (later part of the Pere Marquette Railway) was named "Dunning", but the post office used the name Dunningville.
Gilchrist was a station on the Michigan Lake Shore Railroad located between Dunningville and Hamilton.
Hamilton is an unincorporated community in the north-west corner of the township, where M-40 crosses the Rabbit River. The post office was renamed "Hamilton" in May 1870. The ZIP code is 49419 and serves much of the township and surrounding areas.
Hamilton has a population of over 3,620 people.