🇧🇷 Cambuquira is a Brazilian municipality in the State of Minas Gerais, Brazil. The city is part of the Circuito das Águas ("Water Circuit") of Minas Gerais. About its origin, it is said that there was a Farm (Boa Vista Farm), which headquarters was at the Plaza of São Francisco. It belonged to three sisters called Ana, Joana and Francisca da Silva Goulart. When they died, they left the farm as inheritance for their ancient slaves, as they didn't have heirs. Soon, its mineral waters were discovered, attracting people in search of cures attributed to them. In 1861, the city council of Campanha, dispossessed the lands, considering them as public utility. The place was set free to visitation, what allowed the development of the town in the outskirts. In 1872, the "Arraial de Cambuquira" was established/erected in the district of Campanha. In 1894, the Minas and Rio Railroad was inaugurated and the city started to be populated. Cambuquira was decreed in 1911.
In the following decades, the tourism grew up in the rhythm of the other ranches, until it was officially declared as a "Hydromineral Ranch", in 1970.
Cities of the "Water Circuit": (Lambari, São Lourenço, Cambuquira, Caxambu)
Tourist Industry Attractions include:
Parque das Águas (City Water Park)
Parque do Marimbeiro (Marimbeiro’s Water Park)
Igreja Matriz de São Sebastião (Saint Sebastian Church)
Vale do Sol (Sun’s Valley)
Alto do Cruzeiro (Cruzeiro’s High)
Pico do Piripau (Piripau’s Peak)
Observatório Centauro (Centauro Observatory)
Cambuquira has a population of over 12,812 people. Cambuquira also forms part of the wider Minas Gerais state which has a population of over 21,168,791 people.
Locations Near: Cambuquira -45.2833,-21.85
Antipodal to: Cambuquira 134.717,21.85