Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

🇨🇦 Abbotsford is a city located in British Columbia, adjacent to the Canada–United States border, Greater Vancouver and the Fraser River. It is home to Tradex, the University of the Fraser Valley, and Abbotsford International Airport. It is the largest municipality of the Fraser Valley Regional District and the fifth-largest municipality of British Columbia. The Abbotsford–Mission metropolitan area is the 23rd largest metropolitan area in Canada. It has also been named by Statistics Canada as Canada's most generous city in terms of charitable donations for nine straight years.

The municipality's southern boundary is the Canada–United States border. In Canada, it is bordered by the Township of Langley to the west, the District of Mission to the north, and the City of Chilliwack to the east. Abbotsford borders the town of Sumas, Washington, to the south. Much of Abbotsford has views of Mount Baker (to the south-east, in Washington) and the Coast Mountains (to the north). Some 62% of residents in Abbotsford work in the City of Abbotsford itself. Most of the remaining 38% commute to Mission, Chilliwack or Vancouver and its suburbs (primarily Surrey and Langley). More than 25% of Abbotsford's work force commutes to Abbotsford from other municipalities.

The Conference Board of Canada has identified the local economy as one of the most diverse in the country. Abbotsford's main industries are agriculture, transportation, manufacturing and retail. The city earns the highest dollar per acre of agricultural land in the country. The BC government's Animal Health Centre, at the Abbotsford Agriculture Centre offers "more than 400 laboratory diagnostic tests for agents that may be found in wild and domestic birds, mammals, fish, reptiles and amphibians" and is the leading accredited full-service veterinary laboratory in Western Canada. Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre and community health services make Fraser Health the city's largest employer with about 2,500 staff. The city is also home to three federal prisons, each of which employs between 200 and 500 officers and support staff. There is also a growing aerospace industry led by Cascade Aerospace and Conair Group Inc.

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada 
<b>Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada</b>
Image: Purpy Pupple

Abbotsford was ranked #214 by the Nomad List which evaluates and ranks remote work hubs by cost, internet, fun and safety. Abbotsford has a population of over 141,397 people. Abbotsford also forms part of the wider Abbotsford-Mission metropolitan area which has a population of over 180,518 people. Abbotsford is the #353 hipster city in the world, with a hipster score of 2.1479 according to the Hipster Index which evaluates and ranks the major cities of the world according to the number of vegan eateries, coffee shops, tattoo studios, vintage boutiques, and record stores.

To set up a UBI Lab for Abbotsford see: Twitter:

Twin Towns, Sister Cities Sister cities include:

🇯🇵 Fukagawa, Japan
Text Atribution: Wikipedia Text under CC-BY-SA license | Hipster Index | Nomad

Antipodal to Abbotsford is: 57.671,-49.052

Locations Near: Abbotsford -122.329,49.0516

🇨🇦 Maple Ridge -122.604,49.219 d: 27.3  

🇺🇸 Bellingham -122.467,48.75 d: 35  

🇨🇦 Langley -122.658,49.104 d: 24.7  

🇨🇦 Chilliwack -121.95,49.15 d: 29.7  

🇨🇦 Port Coquitlam -122.767,49.25 d: 38.7  

🇨🇦 Surrey -122.823,49.105 d: 36.5  

🇨🇦 Coquitlam -122.794,49.285 d: 42.6  

🇨🇦 New Westminster -122.9,49.2 d: 44.7  

🇺🇸 Anacortes -122.617,48.5 d: 64.9  

🇺🇸 Mount Vernon -122.317,48.417 d: 70.6  

Antipodal to: Abbotsford 57.671,-49.052

🇫🇷 Saint-Pierre 55.478,-21.342 d: 16927.8  

🇫🇷 Le Tampon 55.515,-21.278 d: 16920.9  

🇫🇷 Réunion 55.532,-21.133 d: 16904.9  

🇫🇷 Saint-Benoît 55.713,-21.034 d: 16894.8  

🇫🇷 Saint-Paul 55.27,-21.01 d: 16889.7  

🇫🇷 Saint-Paul 55.279,-21 d: 16888.6  

🇫🇷 Saint-Denis 55.457,-20.867 d: 16875  

🇲🇺 Mahébourg 57.7,-20.407 d: 16830  

🇲🇺 Curepipe 57.517,-20.317 d: 16819.9  

🇲🇺 Vacoas-Phoenix 57.493,-20.3 d: 16818  

Bing Map

Option 1